- Yu, Z., Lu, C., Tian, H, Canadell, J. 2019. Largely underestimated carbon emission from land use and land cover change in the conterminous US. Global Change Biology. https://doi.org/10.1111/gcb.14768 (Accepted)
- Lu, C., H. Tian, J. Zhang, Z. Yu et al. 2019. Severe long-lasting drought accelerated carbon depletion in the Mongolian Plateau. Geophysical Research Letters. (IF2018=4.339)
- Yu, Z., Liu, S., Wang, J., Wei, A., Schuler, J., Sun, P., Harper, R., Zegre, N. 2019. Natural forests exhibit higher carbon sequestration and lower water consumption than plantation forests in China. Global Change Biology, 25(1), pp.68-77. (IF2018=8.997)
- Zhang, L., Huettmann, F., Liu, S., Sun, P., Yu, Z., Zhang, X. and Mi, C., 2019. Classification and regression with random forests as a standard method for presence-only data SDMs: A future conservation example using China tree species. Ecological Informatics. (IF2018=1.820)
- Lu, C., Z. Yu, H. Tian et al. Increasing carbon footprint of grain crop production in the U.S. Western Corn Belt. 2018. Environmental Research Letter . 13(12), p.124007. (IF2018=4.541)
- Wang, J., Sun, J, Yu, Z., Li, Y., Tian, D., Wang, B., Li, Z., Niu, S., Vegetation control of root turnover time in global grasslands. 2018. Global Ecology and Biogeography. 28(4), 442-455. (IF2018=5.958)
- Yu, Z., Lu, C., Cao, P. and Tian, H., 2018. Long‐term terrestrial carbon dynamics in the Midwestern United States during 1850–2015: Roles of land use and cover change and agricultural management. Global Change Biology, 24(6), pp.2673-2690. (IF2018=8.997)
- Yu Z., C. Lu. 2018. Historical cropland expansion and abandonment in the continental U.S. during 1850 to 2015. Global Ecology and Biogeography (IF2018=5.958)
- Yu Z., C. Lu, P. Cao, H. Tian, A. Hessl, N. Pederson. 2018. Earlier leaf-flushing suppressed ecosystem productivity by draining soil water in the Mongolian Plateau. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology (IF2018=4.039)
- Luan, J., Liu, S., Wu, J., Wang, M. and Yu, Z., 2018. The transient shift of driving environmental factors of carbon dioxide and methane fluxes in Tibetan peatlands before and after hydrological restoration. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 250, pp.138-146. (IF2018=4.039)
- Yu Z., J. Wang, S. Liu, J. Rentch, P. Sun, and C. Lu. (2017) Global gross primary productivity and water use efficiency changes under drought stress. Environmental Research Letters. 12(1), p.014016 (IF2017=4.134)
- Cao, P., Lu, C. and Yu, Z., 2017. Historical nitrogen fertilizer use in agricultural ecosystem of the continental United States during 1850–2015: Application rate, Timing, and fertilizer types. Earth System Science Data. (IF2017= 8.792)
- W. Liu, Z. Zhang, X. Xie, Z. Yu, K. Gadow, J. Xu, S. Zhao, Y. Yang. 2017. Analysis of the Global Warming Potential of Biogenic CO2 Emission in Life Cycle Assessments. Scientific Reports (IF2016=4.259)
- Liu, W., Yu, Z., Xie, X., von Gadow, K. and Peng, C., 2017. A Critical Analysis of the Carbon Neutrality Assumption in Life Cycle Assessment of Forest Bioenergy Systems. Environmental Reviews. (IF2016=3.196)
- Zhang L., Wang L., Liu S., Sun P., Yu Z., Huang S., Zhang, X. 2017. A comparative evaluation of four threshold selection methods of species occurrence: case studies with Davidia involucrata and Cunninghamia lanceolata. Chinese Journal of Plant Ecology. 41(4), pp.387-395.
- N. Liu, R. J. Harper, B. Dell, S. Liu , Z. Yu. 2017. Vegetation dynamics and rainfall sensitivity for different vegetation types of the Australian continent in the dry period 2002 – 2010. Ecohydrology. (IF2016=2.852)
- Yu Z., J. Wang, S. Liu, S. Piao, P. Ciais, S.W. Running, B. Poulter, J.S. Rentch, P. Sun. (2016) Decrease in winter respiration explains 25% of northern forest annual carbon sink enhancement over the last 30 years. Global Ecology and Biogeography. 25(5), pp.586-595 (IF2016=6.045)
- Yu Z., S. Liu, J. Wang, P. Sun, W. Liu and D. Hartley. Effects of seasonal snow on the growing season of temperate vegetation in China. Global Change Biology 19, no. 7 (2013): 2182-2195. (IF2016=8.502)
- Yu Z., P. Sun, S. Liu, J. Wang and A. Everman. Sensitivity of large-scale Vegetation green-up and dormancy dates to climate change in the North-South Transect of Eastern China. International Journal of Remote Sensing 34, no. 20 (2013): 7312-7328. (IF2016=1.724)
- Yu Z., P. Sun, and S. Liu. "Phenological change of main vegetation types along a North-South Transect of Eastern China." Chinese Journal of Plant Ecology 34, no. 3 (2010): 316-329. (Chinese with English abstract).
- Yu Z., P. Sun, and S. Liu. Response of normalized difference vegetation index in main vegetation types to climate change and their variations in different time scales along a North-South Transect of Eastern China. Chinese Journal of Plant Ecology 35, no. 11 (2011): 1117-1126. (Chinese with English abstract).
- Yu Z., J. Wang, S. Liu, P. Sun, and W. Liu. Inconsistent NDVI trends from AVHRR, MODIS, and SPOT sensors in the Tibetan Plateau. In Agro-Geoinformatics (Agro-Geoinformatics), 2013 Second International Conference on, pp. 97-101. IEEE, 2013.
- P. Sun, Z. Yu, S. Liu, X. Wei, J. Wang, and N. Zegre. Climate change, growing season water deficit and vegetation activity along the north-south transect of Eastern China from 1982 through 2006. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions 9, no. 5 (2012): 6649-6688. (IF2016=4.437)
- Z. Yu, C. Lu. Century-long land use history and its impact on carbon storage change in the US. Spring Symposium 2018. Ames, IA, USA, Feb 3, 2017.
- Z. Yu, C. Lu, P. Cao, H. Tian, A. Hessl, N. Pederson. Earlier leaf flushing suppressed ecosystem productivity by draining soil water in Mongolia. International Congress of Ecology 2017. Beijing, China, Aug 21, 2017.
- Z. Yu, C. Lu. Historical cropland expansion and abandonment in the continental U.S. during 1850 to 2016. AGU 2017. New Orleans, LA, USA, Dec 11-15, 2017.
- Z. Yu, C. Lu. Historical cropland expansion and abandonment in the U.S. during 1850 to 2015. Spring Symposium 2017. Ames, IA, USA, Jan 11, 2017.
- Z. Yu, C. Lu, and P. Cao. Impacts of land cover and land use change on carbon balance in the Midwestern U.S.: Modeling estimation and attribution during 1900-2015. 2017 Joint North America Carbon Program meeting. North Bethesda, MD, USA, March 27-30, 2017.
- Z. Yu, J. Wang, S. Liu, S. Piao, P. Ciais, S.W. Running, B. Poulter, J.S. Rentch, P. Sun. Decrease in winter respiration explains 25% of northern forest annual carbon sink enhancement over the last 30 years. The 2015 ESA Annual Meeting. Baltimore, Maryland, USA, August 9-14, 2015.
- Z. Yu, J. Wang, S. Liu, S. Piao, SW. Running, B. Poulter, J. Rentch, and P. Sun. Effects of snow cover variations on spatial patterns of carbon emissions in northern forests. 5th North America Carbon Program meeting. Washington DC, USA, Jan 26-29, 2015.
- Z. Yu, J. Wang, S. Liu. Snow Cover Variation Altered the Spatial Pattern of Carbon Emission in Northern Forests. IUFRO 2014 World Congress. Salt Lake City, UT USA, October 5-12, 2014
- Z. Yu, J. Wang, S. Liu, P. Sun, W. Liu. Inconsistent NDVI trends from AVHRR, MODIS, and SPOT sensors in the Tibetan Plateau. The Second International Conference on Agro-Geoinformatics. George Mason University, Fairfax, VA USA, August 11-16, 2013.
- Z. Yu, J. Wang. Sensitivity analysis of large-scale phenological events to climate change in North-South Transect of Eastern China. Sixteenth Annual Davis College Graduate Student Competition. West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV USA, April 10, 2012.
- P. Cao, C. Lu. Z. Yu. Historical Agricultural Nitrogen Fertilizer Management in the Contiguous United States during 1850-2015. AGU 2017. New Orleans, LA, USA, Dec 11-15, 2017.
- C. Lu, Z. Yu, P. Cao, and H. Tian. Carbon cost of agro-biofuel production in the U.S. Corn Belt: quantifying carbon dynamics and the greenhouse gas balance. 2017 Joint North America Carbon Program meeting. North Bethesda, MD, USA, March 27-30, 2017. (IF2016=3.887)
- N. Liu, R. Haper, L. Smettem, P. Sun, Z. Yu, S. Liu, B. Dell. Responses of Water and Vegetation to Climate Changes in South-Western Australia. IUFRO Regional Congress for Asia and Oceania. Oct24-27, 2016. Beijing, China
Skills and Experiences:
- Software and equipment: Proficient in using ENVI/IDL, ArcGIS, MATLAB, SPSS, SVC HR-768 Spectroradiometer. Familiar with Python, FORTRAN, VB, R, C++, ERDAS, IDRISI.
- Modeling and programing: Proficient in performing biogeochemical modeling using process-based models (Biome-BGC, DLEM); familiar with CLM, ORCHIDEE, LPJ, and CESM.
- Large data analysis: Experienced in handling and analyzing large datasets. Proficient in processing scientific data, such as NetCDF and HDF files. Daily use of IDL for processing and interpreting Flux data (~18GB), MODIS products (MOD05, 06, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17; >5TB), ESA CCI soil moisture data (70GB), Canadian Meteorological Centre (CMC) and Interactive Multisensor Snow and Ice Mapping System (IMS) daily snow data (~5GB), North American Carbon Program (NACP) products (~250GB), Climate Forecast System Reanalysis and Reforecast (CFSR) data (~2TB), CRU climate data, TRMM precipitation data.
- Field experiences: Field data collection using LAI-2000 in the western Sichuan region (Tibet Plateau). Water quality data survey in the Three Gorges Reservoir area using portable spectroradiometer SVC HR-768.